Tuesday, April 17, 2007

High Tide



I've known David for 19 years but haven't seen him for maybe 10 years. Our paths crossed here and there in the Philadelphia area for while. And then he actually became part of my extended family when my father married his sister. A bit of strange karma since my father met David's sister independent of me knowing David. Odd, isn't it? My father and David's sister are no longer married.

So David and I are picking up on a friendship that began long ago and, to tell you the truth, it seems like no time has past. But that's the way it is with some people. It's like you just pick up where you left off as though there was simply a slight pause in the conversation.

David is smart, charismatic and highly gifted. He led a Course in Miracles group in the Philadelphia area back in the 90s and continues to counsel people and lead men's and women's groups. He's also involved in the New Warrior Training Adventure for men, which is part of the Mankind Project. He's made his home in South Carolina over these last years - and what a beautiful home it is with plants, Buddhas, and drums. Everywhere I turn, there is something beautiful to gaze upon. He says there is a story to each object. I'm looking forward to hearing them.

David's cat, Ben, lives here also and is one of those cats that is a cat - but really isn't.

I am happy to be here. The tide is high, the stars are out, and the sound of the water is relaxing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Amanda, If you get this twice it's because I'm stupid and couldn't figure out how to sign up on the Blogger account. Anyway, the photos are gorgeous. Makes me miss Wilmington Island although we don't have a view like that from our back door. Have fun. The weather looks fantastic. Love, Yvonne

peg said...

Amanda
blog is new to me but, i continued and it is interesting. You are on quite a journey. pics are beautiful. Hope all is well w/everything. Keep in touch. PEG