Three days later and I am three hours from my Pennsylvania home! My first stop: Maryland where I visited with Karen in her beautiful country home. Karen is a force of nature. She is one of the most creative people I know. Her home is so stunning that magazines ask to photograph it. And, if Karen thinks a wall needs a painting, she actually paints it herself! Amazing.
Karen took me out to a kind of hunt club bar/restaurant where the TVs around the bar were televising a horse race through the countryside. Some of the people in the bar were on the TV riding horses! That horse-set is a whole universe. Then, for a change of pace, we went to a karaoke bar where people were singing country songs.
This is such a wonderful start for my trip across country. I'm going to post some photos in a separate post. The portrait photos are showing up as a landscape orientation -- apparently a glitch in blogger -- so you'll have to tilt your head sideways for those until it is fixed. If anyone knows how to work around that let me know.
The next morning I stopped in to see astrologer Lynn Koiner on my way to Washington DC. We had a really interesting discussion about progressed Venus changing directions in natal charts. By the way, astrologer Sandra-Leigh Serio has a great lecture on this and lots of research data. Lynn is going to be teaching for the on-line astrology school and at some point may teach a class on progression or even start a study-group. It would be nice to see more research on progressions.
On to Washington DC to stay with Mary in her lovely DC apartment. Mary's decorating style is so much like my own, I feel like I am in a version of my previous home.
Yesterday, we walked over to the Washington National Cathedral. This is considered the nation's church where President Reagan's and Ford's funerals were held and where President Bush made his speech to the nation after 911. The photo on this post is of the front door to the cathedral.
The trees here are beginning to show their blossoms. Spring has arrived. What a hopeful season.
1 comment:
Amanda -
YOU are the greatest guest - it was wonderful to be able to share your successful journey. There is no doubt you are on the right path!
Love, Mary & Sky
Post a Comment