Saturday, May 5, 2007

Arizona!

I arrived in Arizona several days ago -- not sure when. I have totally lost track of time. Each day I woke up and decided at that time where to travel. Carol and I arrived in each town without hotel reservations because we were never quite sure where we were going to be at the end of each day. Talk about an adventure! Every minute has been just that. I am just starting to get settled in Scottsdale after which I will go into more detail about some of them in future blog posts. So, stay tuned.

First stop in Arizona was The Painted Desert. Here are some photos. I'll tell you more about it later.



The Painted Desert



The historic Inn in the Painted Desert




A pretty wall near the Inn

Lowell Observatory is in Flagstaff. This is where Clyde Tombaugh discovered Pluto. The grounds, the view, and the vibe of this place are pure magic. I spoke with the groundskeeper who has worked there for 25 years. What a great job!



The entrance to Lowell Observatory. Astrologers will recognize these symbols.




The gate



Lowell Observatory



View from the grounds of Lowell



View outside of a cute shop in Flag. Flagstaff is an adorable town with interesting shops, restaurants and a University.

Back to Lowell



This is Percival


I'll write more tomorrow.

No comments: